The United States Department of Agriculture is a federal corporation that serves as a research, educational, and production environment, in relation to food, health, and environmental concerns.
A Non-funded Cooperative Agreement (NFCA) was developed and signed on March 27th, 2013 between the United States Department of Agriculture –Agricultural Research Service –Animal Genomics and Improvement Laboratory (USDA-ARS-AGIL) and CDCB. This agreement was formed to place CDCB in charge and in full responsibility of the service portion of all genetic and genomic evaluations, including the computing and distributing of data, and maintaining the national database.
Agricultural Research Service (ARS) and the Animal Genomics and Improvement Laboratory (AGIL) perform rigorous research to develop and test new methodologies to maintain and ensure a high level of accuracy in the data implemented into the database. Once these methods have been tested and confirmed, it is communicated with the CDCB and then applied to our system.
- United States Department of Agriculture — USDA
- Research, Education and Economics — REE
- Agricultural Research Service — ARS
- Northeast Area — NEA
- Beltsville Agricultural Research Center — BARC
- Animal Genomics and Improvement Laboratory — AGIL
- Animal Improvement Program — AIP (AGIL-West)
- Scientific manuscript database — TEKTRAN
- National Agricultural Library — NAL
- National Programs — NPS
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture — NIFA
- Current Research Information System — CRIS
- Economic Research Service — ERS
- National Agricultural Statistics Service — NASS